Industry Data Exchange (IDX)
With Industry Data Exchange (IDX), you can exchange B2B eCommerce documents with your trading partners faster, easier and more securely, over than traditional Value Added Networks (VANs) or paper-based methods.
When you exchange important documents with your trading partners, such as purchase orders, invoices and advance ship notices, you’ll want to know they were received on time. Many supply and demand partners count on IDX, an electronic data interchange (EDI) solution, to replace paper-based processes, streamline order management and make document flow more secure and reliable.
- Eliminate errors and redundant processes
- Automate tedious document exchange processes
- Enhance customer service with faster cycle times
- Increase operational control with online document tracking
- Mix and match format transmissions and receipts
With the industry's best support team standing by, you'll be conducting B2B eCommerce quickly, safely, and affordably in as little as two days!
IDX offers one of the most flexible solutions for document exchange so you can expand your electronic capabilities. You choose the ISP, interface and security software, document formats, and routing technology (AS-1, AS-2, AS-3) you want to use, and we’ll accommodate you.
- Online Document Tracker
- View the status of all your documents to see if they were effectively sent and received
- Search and sort documents using various criteria
- Prevent and address potential issues before they become major problems
- Justify the value of eCommerce and simplify
- Document reprocessing
- Reprocess documents yourself, without having to rely on technical support
- Flexible document viewing
- View documents in the format you sent them and in the format they were received
- In-network translation
- Send documents in one format and enable receipt in another
- Communicate using EDI, EDIFACT, Flat Files, XML, binary, and graphic file types
- Web forms and Flat File capabilities for non-EDI companies
- Send and receive compatible documents from non-EDI companies or send non-EDI formatted documents to any company
- Count on standardized business documents
- Data archiving
- Store and access historical usage statistics, documents and other IDX data
- Complete service and support
- Depend on a full-time help desk from east coast to west coast
- Implement in as little as two days and always know who to call - your dedicated
- Unrivaled security
- Enjoy multiple layers of security, including firewalls, encryption, certificates, authentication, and validation
- Count on a fully redundant network and disaster recovery
IDEA's EDI Managed Services enables you to conduct and expand your EDI operations without the need to hire additional staff, invest in new resources or disrupt your business.
- Increase ROI from EDI investments: Automate more critical business processes without straining resources, hiring and training additional staff or purchasing new software.
- Embrace new sales opportunities: Manage the unique requirements of all your trading partners as more and more companies mandate an electronic connection to do business with them.
- Complement your level of EDI expertise: Do what you can, and let IDEA do the rest! If you don't have the technical knowledge or capacity to fulfill all your EDI needs, IDEA can fill in the gaps.
Create a Custom Package
IDEA's EDI Managed Services are customizable so you only pay for the services you need. IDEA offers the following à la carte options:
- EDI Mapping/Translation Services: Remove the need to own and support EDI translation or mapper software (an expense that could cost as much as $45,000 a year!). With this service, IDEA creates custom document translation maps on your behalf, adhering to EDIPro guidelines and/or to your specifications, and deploys them through the Industry Data Exchange (IDX).
- Managed AS2/FTP Connections: Address the EDI needs of your trading partners that do not use a VAN (e.g. Walmart, Lowe's, Ace Hardware, Amazon). IDEA can host a dedicated AS2 or FTP connection on your behalf, helping you to transport data securely and reliably over the Internet. If any issues occur with the hosted connection, IDEA will identify and address the problem, ensuring that connectivity is re-established and guaranteeing that all documents are delivered securely. This gives you the ability to seamlessly meet the requirements of your trading partners without having to monitor and support separate AS2/FTP processes outside your normal EDI environment.
- Trading partner implementation: Outsource the set-up and implementation of new EDI trading partners. IDEA obtains profile information from your trading partners, assesses their EDI implementation requirements, and. conducts end-to-end EDI transaction testing using trading partner production data for the new EDI set-ups.
- EDI Professional Services: Gain access to the extra consulting and support you need, when you need it. This service enables you to add monthly support to any EDI Managed Services package, providing you with further help from IDEA's EDI experts for tasks such as: professional needs assessments, on-going assistance to overcome compatibility needs or constraints for implementing EDI with trading partners, and EDI best practices support.
Because there is no hardware or software to install at your site with IDX, you can be up and running in as few as two days.
If you're switching from a VAN, you'll find our services very intuitive. If you're new to EDI, we're happy to assist you through every phase of the process so you can see how much easier your document exchanges can be with IDX. Once you're a customer, this is all it takes to get on board:
- Supply us with some technical information about your system using the form we supply.
- Access your mailbox on the IDX system.
- Test flight sending a few files using our loop-back testing feature.
- Start using IDX!
Relax. You probably already have what you need to use IDX.
Implementing IDX doesn't require you to purchase any new hardware or software. At minimum, all you need is:
- Computer or server
- Current web browser
- Internet connection
- Ability to create Flat Files, EDI, EDIFACT, XML, graphic, or binary content
- AS-1, AS-2, AS-3, or FTP capabilities
If you're not sure whether you have the above requirements, chances are that you do. Give us a call at and we'll help you figure it out.
Learn more about the best value in B2B eCommerce. IDX offers more features and benefits than other alternatives at a much lower cost.
To learn more, click on one of the questions below:
- What is IDX?
IDX is a business communication service that enables trading partners to exchange documents such as purchase orders, advance ship notices, and invoices securely and cost effectively via the Internet. IDX also enables delivery and access to IDEA's Industry Data Warehouse (IDW). In fact, sending IDW transactions via IDX is free!
IDX not only provides all of the traditional Electronic Data Interchange Value Added Network (EDI VAN) services you’d expect, but it also delivers additional features and services—all at rates that are 30%-40%, and as much as 90% lower than other service providers. Better yet, IDX connects to traditional VANs so you can continue to trade with your partners, including those who use non-traditional exchanges.
- Do I need to be EDI enabled to use IDX?
No. If a company is not EDI capable, XML and Flat File formats may be used. In addition, we provide web form templates based on the commonly used ANSI X12 transaction sets. Just enter your information and we’ll map it into EDI and process it.
- How do I get connected to IDX?
To use IDX, you need an Internet connection (a direct connection or one provided by an Internet Service Provider) and software that meets AS-1, AS-2 or AS-3 qualifications and is compatible with your backend system, if necessary. Or, if you choose to use our web forms, you just need Internet access and a web browser.
- Does IDEA provide client software?
No. To ensure maximum choice and flexibility, you can select AS-1, AS-2, AS-3 or FTP software to connect to IDX. The criterion for IDX is that the software you choose must meet the established requirements and must be configured to communicate with the network. IDEA can suggest software vendors with whom we have special arrangements, but purchasing and licensing those solutions is up to you.
- How do I monitor my transactions and traffic?
An IDX Document Tracker is available online. This site allows customers to track documents from end-to-end, on-net or off-net. Once you are configured to communicate on IDX, you will receive a user identification and password to access this secure site.