Data Management Service (DMS)
Have you been tasked to manage the data synchronization process for your company? Are the pressures of demand partner requirements and deadlines keeping you up at night? Does your company have limited resources to dedicate to data synchronization processes and improvements, or would you rather spend your time focusing on other priorities? IDEA can help.
Deadlines from demand partners such as Walmart, Lowe' s and McLane and little time to learn the synchronization process can create a stressful environment. Not to mention, a possible missed deadline and loss in sales for your company. IDEA’s Data Management Service (DMS) is a professional service provided exclusively to IRD CERICOMX® users. It gives suppliers that are requested to comply with Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN®) standards and/or demand-side mandates, the option to outsource the data synchronization process to IDEA – allowing you more time to focus on what you do best.
- Ensure no interruptions from demand-side mandates
- Rely on IDEA’s expertise of the data synchronization process and its impact on your go-to-market strategy
- Remove one more worry from your mind; focus on what you do best
The knowledge and support from IDEA enables your company to make product updates and seamlessly get those updates out to your demand partners. We manage your product catalogs and notify you on the status of the items including when they are published and synchronized with demand-side partners. DMS makes you to feel like you have a dedicated person on-staff who manages all things “data sync” without having the added expense of a part- or full-time employee. You can have peace of mind knowing that IDEA is constantly managing your product information with your demand partners in a safe and secure hosted environment that is accessible 24/7.
IDEA works with suppliers to register product information in the GDSN® via the 1SYNC® Data Pool. When you sign up for the Data Management Service (DMS), IDEA will manage your online catalog in IRD CERICOMX® and publish/synchronize your products with demand partners such as Walmart, Lowe's and McLane before your deadline.
Once you sign up for DMS, IDEA will manage your product catalogs for you and will be there to answer any questions you have along the way.
Steps in the DMS process:
- Provide IDEA with the required product information such as the GTIN, UPC, Item Name, etc.
- IDEA uploads your data in the proper format and manages the entire data synchronization process through IRD CERICOMX® which includes: compiling data, finding proper codes, validating data against GDSN® rules, publishing and sorting through retailer messages, etc.
- IDEA notifies you on the status of your items including when they are successfully published and synchronized.
- IDEA will keep your product catalogs up-to-date based on item modifications and additions you provide.
“For MAPEI, the IDEA Data Management Service has provided the data synchronization infrastructure that we needed. Their customer service is outstanding; the support team is very responsive which makes the data synchronization process so much easier.” -- Will Wooten, National Account Manager, MAPEI