News & Events
This Week in IDEA | September 13, 2012
Our eNewsletter, This Week in IDEA, keeps you informed with the latest news and education about IDEA, our solutions and services, and our customers and partners. IDEA’s knowledgeable staff and other contributing writers share insights, resources and special offers to help you Unleash the power of e. Subscribe now to receive This Week in IDEA in your email inbox every other Thursday and add our RSS feed to your reader.
- Explore How IDEA Connects the Supply Chain
- “Automating Order Management” Webinar Available On-Demand
- New Advanced Search Options for IDX Users
- Positive Energy Fuels Leadership
- New IDW Platinum Band of Excellence Manufacturers
- New Synchronization Customers
Explore How IDEA Connects the Supply Chain
Find out how all of our industry applications and services work together to connect the supply chain by exploring our new interactive diagram. You can browse the diagram at your own pace and click the icons to find out more about individual solutions that interest you. Share this new resource with your colleagues and trading partners to help them determine which industry applications could help solve their eBusiness challenges.
“Automating Order Management” Webinar Available On-Demand
Submit your request to watch the recording of the “Automating Order Management” webinar featuring James Wilkinson, Director of Business Process Management, McNaughton-McKay as the guest speaker. Attendees received an overview of all business processes that can be automated such as the Special Price Authoriation Process (SPA), examples of manual vs. automated process savings, and learned about several industry solutions available to solve their EDI challenges, including the Industry Data Exchange (IDX), iConex and EDI Managed Services.
Here’s a few session highlights from our Twitter :
- Options to conduct EDI with partners that aren't EDI capable: ebXML Print-to-Image or iConex text-to-EDI service.
- On average, you can save $32.68 per order if you automate processes with EDI and stop processing them manually.
- 83% of webinar attendees say they use EDI for its bottom line results/better use of resources.
All past sessions of IDEA webinars are also available by request on-demand. Once we receive and approve your request, you will be sent an email with a link to watch the webinar. And don’t miss the encore session of “Next Generation Data Sync: the DMP” coming this October.
New Advanced Search Options for IDX Users
IDEA recently released new advanced search options for Industry Data Exchange (IDX) users. The Tracker enables users to utilize new search criteria when tracking documents, display documents as a human-readable format for non-technical staff, and assign documents to specific users. We’ve included highlights below, and you can log into the Portal to download the complete user guide with detailed instructions, screenshots and more features.
1) New options include searching by the original file name, document acknowledgement status, or document pick-up time. Find documents more quickly and get more accurate results containing the information you need.
(click image to enlarge)
2) Search for a specific document using related numbers (PO number, invoice number, ASN number, or shipment number) and track the lifecycle of the document. For example, searching for a PO number will bring up all associated documents with that PO number in your search results. From the purchase order to the purchase order acknowledgement to the shipping notice to the invoice, the entire document history is displayed.
(click image to enlarge)
3) Display the EDI document in a human-readable format for users that want to see what was sent but don’t understand EDI. The IDX Tracker can be integrated with EDI Notepad to transform the content to a print-image document for your non-technical staff. Log into the Portal to download the instructions for enabling human-readable format.
(click image to enlarge)
4) Assign a list of documents to a specific person within the organization. This assignment may help with researching a problem with a set of documents, or with directing documents to a unique login ID for follow up.
(click image to enlarge)
For additional questions about the Tracker feature in the IDX, please contact Barbara Price at .
Positive Energy Fuels Leadership
Content courtesy of Denice R. Hinden of Managance Consulting & Coaching, a facilitator and executive coach with a specialty in group coaching and Energy Leadership.
Consider this scenario: A company has some underperforming employees and has found it difficult to attract desired talent. One long-held belief in this business is that “we don’t have enough money to hire the kind of talent we need.” The implication is we have to “tolerate” the employees we have or hire whoever we can get. Another long-held belief is that all people have the potential to be successful at work so it goes against our organizational culture to terminate underperforming staff. These negative or catabolic beliefs impose a limiting perception about this company’s opportunities. When leaders come from “what’s wrong first thinking,” we can feel victimized or even paralyzed by our beliefs and create self-fulfilling prophecies.
Now consider the same scenario again. This time the company creates new beliefs that “we do have enough money to hire great talent” and “there are many reasons why excellent employees would want to join our company.” The company also develops a robust vision for the kind of talent it wants to attract and it refreshes hiring practices to attract those types of individuals.
Anabolic or positive energy is building energy.
The scenario is a real one. When this company shifted its beliefs about the kind of employees it deserved to hire, and reframed its hiring approach from inspiring language in its position announcements to the questions asked in the interviews; it attracted an incredible pool of talent. Within a year, the organization hired great talent, and helped underperforming staff move on to other opportunities in a very supportive way.
The definition of "lead" - "to go before or with to show the way" and "to guide in direction, course, and action" is supportive and empowering. In the article “Manage Your Energy Not Your Time,” the success of our leadership flows from positive energy which helps us see opportunities in even the greatest challenges. What action are you willing to take today to understand your energy and expand your leadership capacity?
Got 15 minutes? Grow Your Leadership! Managance Consulting and Coaching will be exhibiting at the IDEA E-Biz Forum and hosting confidential 15 min leadership coaching conversations on Thursday Sept. 27, 8 AM – 2 PM. Coaching (as defined by the International Coach Federation) is a thought-provoking and creative series of conversations designed to inspire professional and personal potential. It includes the opportunity for new awareness and insights, trying out new ideas, solving problems, strategic thinking, and strengthening skills and abilities.
Denice will work on any topic that would be helpful to you and she guarantees at least one valuable take-away to fuel your leadership. If you are interested, please feel free to schedule your 15 minute appointment in advance by contacting Denice at .
New IDW Platinum Band of Excellence Manufacturers
Congratulations to the following manufacturers that have recently achieved the Platinum Band of Excellence, the most elite status in the industry’s new banding program which measures the amount of marketing content manufacturers provide to the Industry Data Warehouse (IDW) for their distributors. These companies are now providing marketing content for 75% - 100% of their stock items!
Contact your Data Quality Analyst at IDEA or email to find out where your company stands and how to achieve IDEA’s Platinum banding level.
New Synchronization Customers
As a 1SYNC Data Pool On-Board Solution (OBS) partner, IDEA implements suppliers that subscribe to the 1SYNC data pool using the IRD CERICOMX® Data Synchronization Platform. IDEA was recently assigned 32 suppliers:
- Backyard X-Scapes, Inc.
- Nature’s Touch Frozen Foods LLC
- On Time Distribution
- M.A.S.A.S USA, Inc.
- Alexa Brands LLC
- Pineland Farms Potato Co., Inc.
- APT Powersports & Utility Products LLC
- Ito En(USA), Inc.
- Lane Packaging LLC
- Phiten USA, Inc.
- Home Farmer
- K2 Health Products, LLC
- Friend Smith
- Vulcan Athletics, LLC
- ISE America, Inc.
- Skiva International
- Verilux, Inc.
- Dry Creek
- Sun Bridge LLC
- Kona Deep Corporation
- Materne USA
- Trumpette, Inc.
- National Express, Inc.
- Interlink Products
- Carive Imports, Inc.
- Earthminded LLC
- PediFix, Inc.
- Ashko Group LLC
- Nest Naturals, Inc.
- The Aspen Mulling Co., Inc.
- Noetic, Inc.
These companies will be trained to use IRD CERICOMX®, an online catalog that suppliers use to register product data with the GS1 Registry® and GDSN via the 1SYNC Data Pool. Suppliers also use this solution to publish product data to demand partners including retailers such as Lowe’s and Walmart.
Tags for this post: customers