News & Events
This Week in IDEA | February 13, 2008
Our eNewsletter, This Week in IDEA, keeps you informed with the latest news and education about IDEA, our solutions and services, and our customers and partners. IDEA’s knowledgeable staff and other contributing writers share insights, resources and special offers to help you Unleash the power of e. Subscribe now to receive This Week in IDEA in your email inbox every other Thursday and add our RSS feed to your reader.
- New IDEA and IDEA IRD Customers
- Activant Solutions: Diamond Sponsor of the IDEA E-Biz Forum 2008!
- Preview the IDEA E-Biz Forum 2008
- What It Takes to Capitalize on eBusiness in the Global Market
- Did You Know? IDW Hot Facts
New IDEA and IDEA IRD Customers
New IDEA Customer: HellermannTyton
HellermannTyton, a manufacturer from Milwaukee, WI, became an IDEA customer on February 11, 2008. HellermannTyton is a global manufacturer of systems and solutions which help better manage and identify wire, cable, and components. They will be providing their product and pricing information directly to Industry Data Warehouse (IDW). Find out more about HellermannTyton at www.hellermanntyton.us. Welcome Aboard!
New IDEA IRD Customers
IDEA, a 1SYNC Data Pool On-Board Solution (OBS) partner, implements suppliers that subscribe to the 1SYNC data pool using IDEA's IRD CERICOMX® application. IDEA was recently assigned five suppliers:
- Capital Mercury Apparel
- Robinson Manufacturing
- Effective Pest Control, Inc.
- Dezine News, Inc.
- Pilot Automotive, Inc.
These companies will be trained to use IRD CERICOMX®, an IDEA branded product for supporting and uploading supplier product information into the GS1 Registry® and GDSN via the 1SYNC Data Pool.
If you would like to learn more about the CERICOMX® product, please contact , IRD Product & Customer Support Manager, at .
Activant Solutions: Diamond Sponsor of the IDEA E-Biz Forum 2008!
IDEA would like to thank our first sponsor, Activant Solutions, for their Diamond level commitment to the IDEA E-Biz Forum 2008.
Activant is a leading technology provider of business management solutions serving small and medium-sized retail and wholesale distribution businesses in three primary vertical markets: hardlines and lumber, wholesale distribution and the automotive parts aftermarket.
Founded in 1972, Activant provides customers with tailored proprietary software, professional services, content, supply chain connectivity, and analytics. More than 30,000 customer locations use an Activant solution to manage their day-to-day operations. Find out more at www.activant.com.
Tags for this post: None
Preview the IDEA E-Biz Forum 2008
Check out some of the educational sessions and networking activities that will help you accelerate the success of your company and the industry at the IDEA E-Biz Forum 2008.
Business Process is the “What”, Technology can be a big part of the “How”
It is imperative to clearly define exactly what you want to accomplish before you think about “how” you will go about the implementation. Many times in business today companies’ jump right into an IT, website or systems project thinking it will solve a business problem when it either makes the current situation worse and/or creates a whole new set of problems. Find out how to overcome this common challenge.
Data Pain…How to Diagnose and Treat Your Toughest Data Dilemmas
Diagnose the true pain points in your data and what festers in the distributor’s system when left untreated. Discover the core cause of invoice deductions and identify the hidden data discrepancies that may be triggering ordering errors. This session showcases solutions to keep that data in sync. Put an end to the never ending battle of pricing and ordering errors for good while reaping the immediate benefits of data sync, including 5-10% sales increases.
Case Study: Increased Trading Partner Profits via Industry Data Warehouse
Discover how a manufacturer and distributor collaboratively work together to experience productivity gains and increased sales by synchronizing enriched data in Industry Data Warehouse.
Beyond EDI - the Next Generation of eBusiness
The tangible benefits of electronic communication between Business systems using EDI are indisputable. Data entry is eliminated, accuracy is improved and overall efficiency is increased. What if you could take the next step – beyond EDI? Enterprise Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) is the answer. Enterprise SOA includes the business context and data standards that bring it all together to deliver a real Business value and enable rapid innovation.
Have a suggestion?
Submit your potential topic to or find out how you can become a speaker.
Industry Networking at its Best
The IDEA E-Biz Forum provides you with the opportunities to get to know the industry’s finest in a social atmosphere. The networking events of this year’s Forum include:
- Opening Tech Fair Welcome Reception
- Forum Golf Tournament
- Washington D.C. Tour
- “Casino Royale” Night Out in Old Town Alexandria
- IDEA’s 10 Year Anniversary Gala
Find out how your company can sponsor a networking activity.
Tags for this post: None
What It Takes to Capitalize on eBusiness in the Global Market
Sales is at the core of any eBusiness strategy and since sales is the key ingredient it is important to get that strategy right. Companies should get started by stepping outside the organization and taking a good long look at the business from the customers/trading partners’ perspective.
Companies use eBusiness solutions so that their company can have direct interactions without compromising their internal enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) investments. Companies have also been able to optimize the eBusiness solutions by selling products and services via the Web self service that is integrated to the call center and sales process; speeding new product introductions; entering new markets and coordinating with all their partners.
There are several important aspects for a successful eBusiness strategy.
1. Make it easy for customers and partners. Do business how and when they want.
2. Provide customers with a unified buying experience across all channels.
3. Create a unique environment with guided selling and configuration capabilities.
4. Facilitate core sales processes such as leveraging up sell and cross sell opportunities.
5. Be partner inclusive making sure the strategy incorporates the business needs of key partners.
6. Get you business data in the market in the most cost effective means possible enabling your distributors, customers and trading partners access to accurate and current product information, real time pricing and availability.
7. Do not rely on one solution to meet your eBusiness objectives and take advantage of every method to get business information to your trading partners and customers. A web only solution does not equate to eBusiness success.
8. Create and provide enriched catalog product information and high resolution product images. A $60 product will sell more than a lower priced similar if there is more information available.
9. Adopt and implement electronic data interchange (EDI) or equivalent file formats to make purchasing products easier and quicker. As a minimum your company should be able to send and receive a purchase order, a purchase order acknowledgement, advanced shipping notice, invoice and electronic fund transfer or payment. Any electronic documents above this set is all order management gain.
10. Whether you are a manufacturer or distributor develop an internal company data management and process plan ensuring that all your product and pricing information is current, accurate and usable by your customers and partners.
If you follow these 10 tips your customers are more satisfied because it is easy and seamless for them to do business with you resulting in increased sales, greater productivity, improved customer service and lower operating costs.
Tags for this post: None
Did You Know? IDW Hot Facts
The direct SKU count in Industry Data Warehouse increased by 53% (from 1,235,295 to 1,867,116) between 2003 and 2007. Product and pricing data received directly from the supplier ensures data reliability and accuracy. IDEA strives to continually increase this number to eliminate transaction errors and facilitate data synchronization throughout the supply network.
Tags for this post: None