News & Events
This Week in IDEA | November 5, 2008
Our eNewsletter, This Week in IDEA, keeps you informed with the latest news and education about IDEA, our solutions and services, and our customers and partners. IDEA’s knowledgeable staff and other contributing writers share insights, resources and special offers to help you Unleash the power of e. Subscribe now to receive This Week in IDEA in your email inbox every other Thursday and add our RSS feed to your reader.
- IDEA Customer Spotlight
- IDW Manufacturer Receives Data Audit Certification (DAC)
- Reelect IDEA in 2009
- Ricky Montoya Joins the IDEA Team
- Bob Gaylord to Speak at NAED Eastern Conference
- Did You Know? IDW Hot Fact
IDEA Customer Spotlight
IDEA announces one new IDEA customer and 10 new IDEA IRD customers. Read more about these companies and how you can begin trading with them electronically to expand your business.
New IDEA Customer
West Virginia Electric Supply Company, a distributor from Huntington, WV, became an IDEA customer on November 5, 2008. West Virginia Electric Supply proudly carries the largest inventory of Cooper Power Fusing and Arresters in the United States. They will take advantage of the cost savings and reliability of Industry Data Exchange (IDX). Find out more at http://wvesco.com.
New IDEA IRD Customers
IDEA, a 1SYNC Data Pool On-Board Solution (OBS) partner, implements suppliers that subscribe to the 1SYNC data pool using IDEA's IRD CERICOMX® application. IDEA was recently assigned 10 suppliers:
- Caribbean Products
- Cat Claws
- Phelps Industries
- SHR & Simmons Jewelry Group
- The Outdoor Connection, Inc.
- Precision Thermoplastic Components Inc
- Stonepeak Ceramics
- Atkinson Candy Company
- Dura Plastic Products, Inc.
- Fiorucci Foods, Inc.
These companies will be trained to use IRD CERICOMX®, an IDEA branded product for supporting and uploading supplier product information into the GS1 Registry® and GDSN via the 1SYNC Data Pool.
If you would like to find out more about the CERICOMX® product, please contact , IRD Product & Customer Support Manager, at .
IDW Manufacturer Receives Data Audit Certification (DAC)
FCI - Burndy Products, a leading manufacturer of connectors, has met all requirements for the IDW Data Audit Certification (DAC) program. Congratulations!
The Data Audit Certification (DAC) program measures manufacturer data against industry standards, best practices and IDEA’s recommendations for data quality & synchronization. Manufacturer data is measured in three forms:
- Detailed, automatic measurement via IDW inbound scrubbing & messaging
- Annual review of data with recommendations
- On-demand IDW reports (e.g. Data Load Summary and Error Status Report)
The program is designed to grow awareness of manufacturer data stewardship and help manufacturers learn requirements to prepare their own data. Distributors can use the DAC program to encourage data quality from their suppliers. The program also shows a supplier’s dedication to data quality to their customers.
To follow FCI – Burndy Product’s lead, please contact at to sign up for the DAC program.
Reelect IDEA in 2009
The election polls are closed, votes are counted and the American people have spoken. Now it is time for you to choose the company that can lead the industry towards efficient eCommerce and data synchronization adoption. Check out IDEA’s stance on the issues and our plan for the future. IDEA wants your vote in 2009.
Who we are:
As the industry-backed eCommerce connection between trading partners, IDEA links the electrical manufacturing and distribution supply chain with data synchronization in order to build better trading partner relationships, as well as identifying and integrating emerging technologies for customers' future needs. Today, IDEA serves over 500 businesses that are predominantly manufacturers and distributors of electrical components and 500 non-electrical customers. IDEA’s driven staff daily implements the vision of our experienced Board of Directors.
Our vision is that in 5 years or less, a majority of U.S. electrical manufacturers and distributors will both understand the value that IDEA creates and will realize cost savings in their business from increasing use of electronic data share and eliminating manual business transactions.
To drive costs out of the electrical supply chain as the electrical industry’s standards-setting, data synchronization, and eCommerce service provider.
What we are all about:
Customers First. We practice relationship-driven account management aimed at supporting each customer in designing the unique way they use our products and services. Our customers can count on IDEA to be a valuable partner in their success.
Business-to-Business Learning and Information Sharing. Our mantra is, “more is better when it comes to the flow of information”. IDEA invests in the success of the electrical supply chain by nurturing a learning community, convening leaders to make accurate information widely available and by sustaining an open information conduit.
Power in Standard, Accurate and Reliable Information. We are committed to defining data formatting standards in the electrical industry to ensure that our customers always have access to reliable, trustworthy information.
User Friendly Technology. We create value for our customers with easy and useful data synchronization and eCommerce tools that respond to their needs and recommendations.
Our plan for the future:
Goal 1: The comprehensive IDEA data synchronization platform is an integral part of the electrical supply chain and propels the channel to a new level of eCommerce
How we plan to reach it:
- Strength through collaboration and partnering
- Customers, business partners, solution providers
- Enhancing the data synchronization platform (ease of use, data quality, data quantity, etc.)
- Services to analyze effectiveness of customer’s data synchronization operations
- Align manufacturer and distributor business data needs to make information sharing more profitable
- Leverage our strategic partners’ capabilities to make current solutions fit your needs… today and tomorrow
Goal 2: Customers value IDEA as their one-stop partner for all of their data sharing and eCommerce business solutions.
How we plan to reach it:
- Customized and integrated support program based on our customers specific business needs
- Incorporating new technology to enhance IDEA’s customer training philosophy
- Creating an All-in-One Data Synchronization Service package which is tailored for our customers
- Changing the mind set of Data sync from uniquely IT… to managing business transactions and end-customers’ experiences
Goal 3: Compliance with a comprehensive set of straightforward standards for the industry increases profitability among customers.
How we plan to reach it:
- Current and forecasted environment compelled us to create a more formalized standards business unit
- Standards enable data synchronization throughout the channel… decreasing costs and increasing profits
- Harmonization with international and related industry standards
- Concern with inertia has us aggressively marketing and educating the business benefits of standards
- Developing attribute level detail associated with UNSPSC to more completely represent the electrical industry products
Get more information on our plan for the future by contacting at .
Ricky Montoya Joins the IDEA Team
Ricky Montoya, formerly of ICF International, joins the growing Account Management team after the completion of a three month training program. Montoya’s main role is to proactively provide customer care and technical support to IDEA’s customer base.
Montoya is led by Nick Manzo, Director Account Management and collaborates with his fellow Account Managers, Edwin Lopez and Fahad Shamshad, to serve as a primary support contact for customer inquiries. He will guide new customers step-by-step through the implementation process and familiarize them with IDEA’s educational and training resources.
Montoya is a graduate of James Madison University with a B.A. in Economics. You can reach him at or . Welcome aboard!
Bob Gaylord to Speak at NAED Eastern Conference
Catch up with IDEA at NAED Eastern next week, in Marco Island, FL. Bob Gaylord, President and CEO, will provide insights on how you can reduce errors in your business processes to increase profit margins.
Session Title: “Protecting Profits and Eliminating Mistakes Using IDEA”
Date: Wednesday, November 12
Time: 1:15 - 2:45 PM
About the Session:
Even the best sales organizations can see their margins dissipated by backend mistakes and errors. This session focuses on how IDEA will reduce errors to ensure that sales increases go to your bottom line, not into a technological blackhole.
In this session, you will gain:
- The opportunity to impact IDEA’s strategic direction;
- Firsthand knowledge of new IDEA offerings; and
- A greater understanding of how data standards can remove your company’s limitations.
IDEA will also conduct one-on-one sessions throughout the event. Come share your business stories and ideas with the electrical industry’s standards-setting, data synchronization and eCommerce service provider.
How to save your seat: Call Pat McCartin at or !
Did You Know? IDW Hot Fact
You can get all of your IDW questions answered in seconds by utilizing IDEA’s Live Chat feature directly from our website and Customer Portal. This tool gives you direct access to IDEA’s knowledgeable account management and sales team. The core hours of live chat operation are 8:00AM – 5:00PM EST. If a representative is unavailable, you can leave a message and get an answer first thing the next morning.
Chat with IDEA Now!