IDEA Careers | Program Management Assistant, Part-Time Position (20 hrs/week)
Department: eBusiness Standards
Reports to: Director, eBusiness Standards
Function: Assist the Director, eBusiness Standards with the management, maintenance, development and coordination and adoption of eBusiness Standards and related activities to support and advance electronic commerce initiatives in the electrical wholesale industry and other vertical markets.
- Work with the Director, eBusiness Standards, electrical industry manufacturers, consultants and the IDEA support team to facilitate the development, maintenance, harmonization and adoption of eBusiness and data standards.
- Coordinate Global Data Standards alignment project aligning the Electrical Industry Attribute Schema, based on the UNSPSC (United Nations Standard Product and Services Code) categorization system with the European Technical Information Model (ETIM).
- Manage the UNSPSC-based Electrical Industry Attribute Schema normalization project working with manufacturers and consultants to determine common UNSPSC assignments for products across manufacturers. Develop a recommended assignment standard for manufacturers to use when assigning UNSPSC codes to their products in IDW.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the IDEA Electrical Industry Attribute Schema and the associated revision process.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the UNSPSC Product Code Revision process..
- Facilitate communications of standards, best practices and white papers to customers and other interested parties enabling rapid adoption of eBusiness standards
- Coordinate logistics of, and facilitate, Industry Standards Committee meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years electrical wholesale industry experience.
- Bachelors Degree in business, marketing or Information Technology helpful.
- Background in E-commerce and/or Information Systems/Technology.
- Knowledge and familiarity with manufacturer data, and the communication methods used to exchange the data as an asset. (Technical familiarity with EDI and XML).
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills.
- Team player that is self-driven with strong work ethic.
- Ability to interact with individuals at different levels within and outside the organization.
If you are interested and qualify for this position, please forward cover letter and resume to Mary Shaw, Director, eBusiness Standards, at .